Information Collected. On some of the Southern Baptist Foundation website you can provide contact information for ministry-related purposes, to order resources, or to make ministry contributions. Here are the types of personal information that we collect:
- contact information: name, organization/church, complete address, phone number, email address;
- payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information;
- shipping information: name, organization/church, complete address;
- information concerning how you heard about the Southern Baptist Foundation;
- information you wish to leave: questions, comments, suggestions; and
- your request to receive periodic updates: e.g., to individuals who request it, we will send periodic e-mails related to specific fund-raising appeals, prayer concerns, and newsletters.
How Information is Used. The Southern Baptist Foundation uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, update you on ministry happenings, and to personalize our website for you. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
No Sharing of Personal Information. The Southern Baptist Foundation will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all who contact us through our websites will be kept confidential. Use of personal information will be limited to the internal purposes of The Southern Baptist Foundation and only to further the ministry activities and purposes of The Southern Baptist Foundation.
Security. The Southern Baptist Foundation is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use Internet encryption software, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. Once we receive your credit card information, it is accessible only to a small number of trusted Foundation staff who have been specially trained in processing this information.