Our Services Promos

FAQ > The Basics > How can I change my will or living trust after they have been signed?

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

First, never cross out a sentence or words or make notes on your will or trust. These handwritten notes are an invitation for estate litigation. To change the will, your attorney will prepare a “codicil” which is an amendment to your will. If many changes are desired, your attorney may draft a new will. A living trust is changed by your attorney drafting an amendment to the trust. A codicil to your will or amendment to your trust must be signed and witnessed, following the same formalities that were used in the initial signing of the will or living trust.