"Donor Bill of Rights"
The Southern Baptist Foundation affirms the following "Donor Bill of Rights" developed by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.
When you give, be sure your selected charity employs standards and policies that assure you a “bill of rights” as a donor. You have the right to:
- Know how the funds of an organization are being spent.
- Know what the programs you support are accomplishing.
- Know that the organization complies with federal, state, and municipal laws.
- Restrict or designate your gifts to a particular project within the organization's mission objectives.
- A timely and courteous response to your inquiries about finances and programs.
- Visit office and program sites of an organization to talk personally with the staff.
- Give cheerfully without being pressured by the organization.
- Obtain a copy of the organization's most recent audited financial statements
- Know that there is a responsible governing board providing oversight to the organization's mission.
Moreover, the Foundation affirms the following "Shared Stewardship Bill of Rights" for individuals and organizations for whom we manage assets. You have the right to the confidence and surety, flowing from the knowledge that:
- Your funds are being placed within investments and instruments that do not conflict with your conservative, Christian values.
- Your funds are being managed with careful, consistent oversight.
- The strategies and methods used in placing your funds reflect your stated, financial goals.
- Accounting and oversight of fund management comports with the industry's best standards.
- The Foundation enthusiastically submits to a special audit committee and are in good standing with the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.